Something to Share

>> Monday, June 11, 2012

I have two projects to share with you today! We just found out that we take possession of our new home on the 26th of this month so that leaves me with little over two weeks to wrap things up and be ready to go. I am so excited, our new place is a little bit of a dream come true for my husband and I (though some people might look at the fixer-upper we're buying and think we're crazy!). I am so looking forward to having our own place. The rental that we've been in for the past year has been great, but you really are limited to what you can do when its not your own space. All that being said .... with such short notice I decided I better clear up some of my DT commitments, birthday cards that needed making, and spare photos the past few days. You may see a few blog posts coming up shortly, but I'm not actually creating anymore after today. Thats just my lovely pre-scheduled option with the blog. It makes me look so much more efficient than I really am. After today, I'll be running around trying to pack and organize everything and my scrapbooking stuff will be shut away. Who knows when it will see the light of day again? :)

My first project is a birthday card I made using 100% MME products just because :) I've been stashing these bunting chipboard's for since last year and thought it was high time I used them up. I just love the way this card turned out. Its perfect for a certain little girly whose birthday is coming up soon. I knew I needed a "fun" card for this silly person and think it turned out exactly how I wanted it too.

Challenges :

I've had this idea for this page wandering around the back of my mind for quite some time and after organizing my stash the other day in preparation for moving, I decided I'd better hurry and try to get it done! I never really thought of myself as an "orange person" but more and more I find I'm using this colour in combination with others, or just by itself. Apparently I'm a bit brighter of a person than even I knew!  wanted to play along with a new challenge site I found, "The Color Room" but didn't have any gold so am hoping the orange fits into the colour scheme instead. I absolutely love the insipration they used!

Challenges :

Hope your week is going well! We're settling in for some heavy rain this week which means its a good time to get everything organized. My husband works outside, so I know he doesn't appreciate all of this wet weather, I try not to be to thrilled that he gets to stay home most of the week because he's getting behind on his work! I figure its better to have me happy than the customers, right? :)

24 comments:

Mrs. Weddle June 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM  

love the layout and how you turned the music sheet so ones eye doesn't get caught in the left to right moment of reading it. it really draws the eyes to the photo. thanks for playing along with CMS

Darnell June 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM  

Your card is so bright and cheerful, love it! And your page is stunning!

Congratulations on owning your first home!! How exciting! Good luck with the packing and moving! (Although it sounds like you won't need it. If your organized enough to have posts scheduled for the future while you're busy, the move will be smooth all the way! Impressive!)

Lisa Elton June 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM  

I always enjoy your cards with those sweet little banners Rebecca! And this scrapbook page is stunning! Love the orange, polka dots, patterns and music!

Sarah Elliott June 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM  

Great layout, I love how you used all the patterned papers. Thanks for playing along with Color me Scrappy!

Linda McClain June 11, 2012 at 8:18 PM  

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!! I love it. Good luck with your move.

Tanz_20 June 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM  

feeling very inspried with your little men layout. love the music paper and the great use of polkadot paper as a frame border.

Vicki June 12, 2012 at 2:29 AM  

Fabulous layout - not usually a big fan of orange either but just love it and feeling inspired to give it a better go.

gypsylcm June 12, 2012 at 2:41 AM  

I like the layout of your orange page!

gracescraps@gmail.com June 12, 2012 at 6:07 AM  

Wow!! What an amazing LO!! Love the combination of vintage sheet music and orange and that you included a doily on this oh so masculine LO! Thanks for joining us for the Weekend Warm-Up at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Doreen June 12, 2012 at 6:15 AM  

Love both of your projects. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments.xxx

Mel @ Princess Melus Crafts June 12, 2012 at 1:16 PM  

Really love the card, the mix of banners are lovely. The scrapbook layout is great too! Sweet!

- Mel xx

lisaplus6 June 12, 2012 at 5:01 PM  

this is beautiful! I love that pop of orange- perfect! I am also playing along with the colors and wanted to hop along and see all the other pages! love yours!!

Lisa A. June 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM  

Hi Rebecca!! Congrats on your "new" house!! A fixer upper will give you the ability to make it YOURS...how EXCITING!! Your card is so fun...full of wonderful polka dots!! Your scrapbook page is wonderful in orange...what a handsome little men you have in your family...Thanks for sharing your creativity with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays and hope your move goes well:)!!

Christina Collins June 13, 2012 at 12:15 PM  

Love, love, love your take on this! Beautiful work.
Thank you for playing along with CMS!

Unknown June 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM  

Beautiful work both.
byebye,Lean

Anonymous,  June 14, 2012 at 2:51 PM  

OMG! How sweet are your card and layout? Your little ones are real cuties!
I love all the dimension on the card, and the design is stunning!
Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy June 14, 2012 at 8:24 PM  

Both projects are beyond gorgeous!! Every detail just takes my breath away! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! We're so glad you did!!

Cara G June 14, 2012 at 9:40 PM  

Love your layout Rebecca...you did a beautiful job, and what a precious photo of the men in your life. Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

Unknown June 15, 2012 at 5:31 AM  

Both projects are just beautiful, Rebecca!! I'm loving the orange on your layout- a color I never use! Thanks so much for joining us @ ScrapFIT!

Viji Siddharth June 15, 2012 at 8:58 AM  

Beautifully done! Thanks for playing along with CMS!

Sherri June 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM  

What a handsome group of men you have in your life! That layout is beautiful, it looks like orange suites you :) Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at SEM.

Kym's Crafty Cards June 19, 2012 at 12:58 PM  

What a beautiful card you have made. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

Nicole Brenna July 3, 2012 at 6:12 AM  

Oh I have missed you! I honestly miss your blog hops! I am so happy to have you join us over at SEM and as you already know I just love everything you create!

Unknown July 3, 2012 at 6:57 AM  

Stunning! I'm pinning this layout for sure! Thanks for joining us at SEM and sharing your talent :) I'm a new follower!!

Post a Comment