{Sarah} Catered Crop: White Pages

>> Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I've never really gotten into the whole CAS thing when it comes to my paper crafting.  It is definitely a look that I admire and appreciate, but I like "stuff" too much and can't seem to help piling it on my pages.   However, when I saw this week's Recipe Swap over at the Catered Crop, I knew that it was a good time to try something a little bit different. 



I've had these images pinned to my Pinterest board for quite a while.  I love the simplicity of the white on white, and I am a huge fan of typographic art.  Unfortunately, with 4 little kids in the house, white is not a color I use very frequently in my decor.


However, I've always thought that these canvases would translate very well as a card. 


Supplies Used: American Crafts Cardstock & Ribbon

At first I was going to use Thickers (painted white) on a white cardstock background to achieve the look I was going for, but I couldn't find quite the right font in my stash.  Then I remembered that, (thanks to my wonderful husband) I have a Silhouette Cameo!!! and can cut out any shape that I want.  I simply created my graphic, mounted the words with foam adhesive for a bit of dimension and slipped a piece of ribbon in behind the words.  I originally intended to keep the whole card completely white, but it looked a little bit...boring... so I added just a touch of purple cardstock.  I finished it all off with a spray of glimmer mist, but I don't think that really shows up in the picture. 

Now head on over to the Catered Crop to check out all the details of this week's White Pages Recipe Swap!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton August 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM  

Hi Sarah! Those pictures are wonderful and you've translated them into your card beautifully!!

Rebecca Mosher August 9, 2012 at 3:39 PM  

This is beautiful! Its perfect for the challenge, and takes your inspiration to heart while translating so well into "you". :)

Cheryl August 10, 2012 at 9:50 AM  

Gorgeous card! I love your take on the theme.

Linda McClain August 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM  

Sarah - You are amazing. I love it!

Post a Comment