A "Sweet" Layout

>> Friday, July 6, 2012

Since I am a scrapbooker, one of the very best presents that my family can give me, almost as good as even better then scrapbooking supplies, is nice photos.  Needless to say, I was pretty happy with the Mother's Day gift that my children gave me this year - they consented to be dressed in matching outfits and have me take pictures of them. They are still little enough that they think wearing matching outfits (that Mom made for them) is cool, but I realize my days of being able to talk them into this type of thing are probably numbered so I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Supplies used: Echo Park "Sweet Day" Collection, Jenni Bowlin mini alpha stickers

This layout makes me happy.  Aside from the fact that all four of my kids are kind of facing the camera at the same time in these photos, I really like combination of the red barn door with the kid's green/teal clothes in the pictures.  I was a bit concerned about finding papers that would match so I actually had most of the prints done in black and white.  A few months ago I was lucky enough to win this gorgeous collection from Echo Park and when it arrived in the mail I was pretty thrilled when I realized how well it worked with these photos! Plus I managed to squeeze just about all of my favorites into this layout - chevrons, doilies, clouds, butterflies, tiny alpha stickers, a pennant banner, a flag, a scalloped border...




4 comments:

Lisa Elton July 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM  

Sarah this is adorable, love their little outfits and all of the whimsical elements on your page!!

Unknown July 6, 2012 at 6:07 PM  

Awww...so sweet you got to get them in their matching outfits- precious!!

Cheryl July 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM  

So cute! These pictures are treasures. I love all the sweet details you included on your layout.

Post a Comment