Catered Crop: Ruffles {Sarah}

>> Friday, July 13, 2012

I was pretty excited when I saw what was on the menu for this week's Catered Crop Recipe Swap - Ruffles!  I have a bit of a ruffle obsession at the moment and have tons of pins on my Pinterest boards of projects that include ruffles.


When I set out to make my project for this challenge, I fully intended to go completely overboard on the ruffles - since it is a sweet sixteen card for a girly girl, I figured I could get away with making it ridiculously frilly and over-the-top.  But as I was playing with the papers and ribbons I just could not get it to work together the way I had envisioned. In the end, I only used one ruffle along the edge. 

Supplies: Echo Park "Sweet Day" patterned papers & alpha stickers, 
American Crafts cardstock, unknown ruffled ribbon.

Since my card didn't quite satisfy my ruffle craving for the day, I decided to actually accomplish something that I saw on Pinterest and made (I think the technical term is "refashioned") this for the birthday girl -




I think it turned out rather well - it fits me nicely, so if the birthday girl doesn't like it I will happily take it back!


3 comments:

Lisa Elton July 13, 2012 at 11:29 AM  

Sarah this is just darling! Love your little ruffled banner and floral DP!

Diana Fisher July 14, 2012 at 6:30 PM  

Love that card and cute top!

Linda McClain July 14, 2012 at 7:11 PM  

Sarah - You are amazing! I love the card and that top - ahhhh . . . so sweet.

Post a Comment