A Father's Day Card

>> Friday, June 15, 2012

I really like making cards, but for some strange reason I always forget to make cards for specific occasions.  I have a basket full of cards that I made for no specific person or event, but when it comes to holidays and birthdays, I always forget that I need a card until the very last moment.  And of course, no matter what the occasion, it will be the one theme that I don't have in my collection of pre-made cards.

This year though, I was organized - so organized in fact that the card I made for my father-in-law was mailed in time to actually get to him before Father's Day (not organized enough to remember to take a picture of it though...)

This is the card that I made for my Dad.  You will notice that I am still on my grey/yellow kick.  All of the papers are from the American Crafts Chaps line and the sentiment was based upon a  cute printable I saw on Pinterest.



I have come to the conclusion that I like to make square cards. I don't know why, maybe it satisfies some OCD tendency that requires everything to be even.  At any rate, the problem with square cards is that it is difficult to find ready-made envelopes to fit them, and I am lazy don't particularly like fiddling with making my own, so I've taken to making "sleeves" for my cards. And if they have to be mailed, I just seal up the top in the same way I seal up the sides (Washi tape works well!)



4 comments:

Lisa Elton June 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM  

This is wonderful Sarah and I love the gray and yellow combo too ~ something calming about it I think! Cute sleeve idea too, might have to borrow that ;)

Vera June 19, 2012 at 1:50 AM  

Such a great card!
Very nice :)
Thanks for your lovely comment at my blog!

Vera

Rebecca Mosher June 19, 2012 at 7:23 AM  

I love the sleeve idea ... I'm tempted, but I've so many envelopes already that I should use up :) You work this colour combination so well! The sentiment/font matches perfectly and everything just "flows". Great choice for Dad, hope he had a good laugh!

Post a Comment