Card Cupids

>> Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I recently had the honour of joining the design team as a guest member for the month of April of a very special blog that I wanted to share with you. Card Cupids is a non-profit designed to provide encouragement and joy by sending cards and goodies such as stuffed animals, coloring books and art supplies to children who are facing difficult challenges in their young lives regardless of their economic background. This organization is designed to collect and send a bundle of  cards with words of encouragement to needy children for their birthday or in a time of need along with a cuddly stuffed animal.

For those of us who make scores of cards, this is a perfect oppertunity to give a little bit back to those who could really use some encouragement. I'm very excited about Stephanie's vision and hope you'll take a peak at the website and consider playing along with the April challenge, or sending in some cards of your own!

For the April challenge I was asked to work with stamps from the Stamping Boutique and choose this adorable Moose image paired with Basic Grey papers from my stash for my first card.

 SUPPLIES
Basic Grey Paper
Vintage Buttons, Song Sheets
Misc Ribbons and Fibers

 For my second card, I created a fun little card with an assortment of odds and sodds from my stash. I wanted to create "fun" cards for kids and love how cheerful this one turned out. Both cards are now on thier way to the Card Cupids, and hopefully brighten someones day.


2 comments:

Karen April 12, 2012 at 4:08 PM  

Rebecca,
Thanks so much for sharing Card Cupids, and of course you know I LOVE your cards!
We appreciate you being a Card Cupid, and bringing a smile to a child!

Lisa Elton April 12, 2012 at 5:53 PM  

What sweet cards for such a wonderful cause! This is sure to brighten the lives of these special little ones.

Post a Comment