Byron and Rebecca, 09.03.11

>> Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I have wanted to post this (and a few other) wedding layouts for a while, but ran into a bit of a wall when my computer crashed and I lost all the images I had, including recent projects that I wanted to post. I've been working on a wedding album for my Mom for the past few years of all the weddings of her kids. Once these pages were done I had shipped them off to her, so in order to post these, I had to wait until our last visit homeward to get them. I somehow missed the ugly bookcase behind the layout when I was taking the photos, oops!


There were lots of elements that I wanted to incorporate into the layouts, so many fun details from the wedding that were dieing to be included. But in the end I couldn't use everything! We had a vintage themed wedding and I tried to keep that thought in mind when designing this layout. Behind the main photo there is a vintage lace Dollie, one of many that we had scattered throughout the wedding venue and reception areas, as well as lace and ribbon from the day as well.


There were also flowers everywhere that day! My Mom had been growing them all summer for me and the day turned out to be the time when all her flowers were in bloom. It was incredible. Of course implementing real flowers into a layout doesn't really work, but Prima flowers do!

I think my favourite detail of this page however, is the fact that I was able to find room for the wedding invitation that I had also designed and printed. Saving little mementos like that from the special moments in my life has always been important, and its so much fun to be able to go back and remember all those little details.

I made a few more pages for my Mom from our wedding, but I'm trying to decided whether I should post them or not. I didn't notice until I was home that the photo quality wasn't great. I don't do a ton of scrap booking, but having the opportunity to make this for Mom was certainly a lot of fun! I'm almost ready to pull out some more pictures and make a page or two for my own scrapbook.


Have a great week!

3 comments:

Lisa Elton March 13, 2012 at 12:47 PM  

Oh Rebecca I just love all of the delicious vintage elements you've added to this gorgeous LO!
The Prima flowers are so pretty and the little tag tied with the lace bow really caught my eye! Marvelous ;)

G B India March 15, 2012 at 3:03 AM  

Thanks for sharing this use full information. Gharbuilder is the best site to search all type of Steel doors for your home and office. Gharbuilder give you a choice to select different type of wooden, plastic, steel doors according to your home and office design for decorating your home and office to make more beautiful.

Lori April 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM  

It's just gorgeous! I'm impressed when anyone does their wedding photos, since I'm 23 years into my marriage with not a one photo scrapped.

Post a Comment