I Love a Rainy Day

>> Friday, October 14, 2011

I don't know what it is, but there is just something about a rainy fall day that I find so cozy.  It's the kind of day where I can justify letting the kids stay in their pajamas all day, ignore the housework and serve leftovers for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  The kind of day where I don't feel bad putting a movie on for the kids and hiding myself in my scrapbooking room for the whole afternoon.

We had a day like that last week, which conveniently coincided with the arrival of my October Apron Strings kit.

I was so excited when I discovered that this month's Bigger Than a Bread Box kit had papers from October Afternoon's Boarding Pass collection.  I am a huge OA fan! Even though I didn't really have any true "travel" photos, I found that the papers were versatile enough to use for some everyday photos of my kids. 


I was not quite as excited about the other patterned paper in the kit.  While it is beautiful, I wasn't sure how I was going to use Fancy Pants' October 31 collection since we don't really "do" Halloween in this house.

In the end I dug up some fall photos of Emma and Isaac that were taken about three years ago.  I had actually scrapped these pictures before but was never satisfied with the resulting pages so I was happy to take the opportunity for a redo. 

 This layout is based on a sketch by Becky Fleck.  I have a bit of a hard time with double page layouts, but I am trying to challenge myself to do them more often.  It is nice to be able to include so many photos and extensive journaling. 



It was Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday, so I also created a quick card from my scraps.
All in all, I'd say that my rainy day was pretty productive. 

Don't forget to link up your entry for this month's challenge before Midnight on Monday (Oct 17th).  Not only will this month's winner receive a gift certificate to Berry71Bleu, but they will also join us as a member of next month's Design Team and be eligible for November's Featured Designer Prize!

Have a marvelous weekend!

1 comments:

Lisa Elton October 14, 2011 at 10:08 AM  

I too am a HUGE fan of OA!!! These pages are wonderful and the kiddos...ADORABLE! Love the crinkled leaf on your fall card. Have a great weekend :)

Post a Comment