An Update

>> Friday, September 16, 2011


I was so excited to have professional photos taken of Oliver when he was just 11 days old.  I had visions of beautiful black and white photos of a peacefully sleeping baby in various adorable poses, close ups of tiny hands and feet... but he didn't exactly cooperate.  Instead of sleeping (which I am told is the norm for 11 day old babies) Oliver was bright eyed and alert the entire time.  I still got some really cute photos out of it, just not what I was expecting.

Oh well, I guess it was a good indication of what was to come.  Oliver is almost eleven weeks old now and bright eyed and alert is definitely an apt description for him. But I can't complain because he makes up for all his awake time during the day by sleeping 12+ hours a night.  Seriously.  I am sooooo lucky.  Now if only I could figure out how to get myself to bed on time so that I could get more than six hours myself...

Anyway, the purpose of this post was not to brag about my adorable little man, I was actually just stopping by to let all of you lovely readers know that the blog has not been abandoned, we've just been busy.  However, we are working on putting together October's challenge and trust me, you do not want to miss it.  Rebecca has put together a fabulous inspiration for us to work with, and we have some amazing prizes lined up!

Oh yeah, and stay tuned because *somebody* got married on Sept. 3 and I will be posting pictures of the most amazing wedding I have ever been to. 


7 comments:

Lisa Elton September 16, 2011 at 3:18 PM  

Oh Sarah what a precious little pumpkin! Thanks for the update...looking forward to the October challenge! Have a great weekend; hope you get some extra sleep ;)

Meredith MacRitchie September 16, 2011 at 8:00 PM  

That picture is *precious*. My first was like yours... alert and wide eyed as soon as she came out, and she was also pretty much awake most of the day, but slept well at night. My second? Oy... ;) Enjoy this time - you won't believe how soon you're celebrating his first birthday!

PS - I *love* his name!!

Trina Georgi September 16, 2011 at 9:03 PM  

Sarah, you have a beautiful child - and how lucky to have a good sleeper. Looking forward to seeing more precious photo (love the sepia tone).

Joanne Leddy September 17, 2011 at 7:39 AM  

He is adorable and quite the gentleman for allowing you to sleep! Looking to seeing more and can't wait for the October challenge!

Anonymous,  September 24, 2011 at 6:51 AM  

So cute :) Ladies, I wish you all the best! :)

Jennifer Grace October 1, 2011 at 12:27 AM  

Aww, he's absolutely gorgeous, congrats!

My second (12 weeks old now) is the same - sleeps well at night. And I have exactly the same problem of not getting myself to bed early enough, I keep sitting up late crafting, and then regretting it in the morning when the kids wake up! x

Post a Comment