A bit behind!

>> Friday, June 17, 2011

If you are looking for the Polkadot Door blog hop winners post, its directly below this one!

Its been a crazy busy summer already, even though its only just begun! I hardly seem to have time to think these days, let alone put up posts for every card that I have been making, which with 20 birthdays/anniversaries coming up, have been quite a few. I thought I would put a few of them up today and get all caught up on my duties on design teams, and postings.

 This first card was made for the most recent ICSketches on the 14th of June. So I'm not to late posting this one! I love how this card came out, I had just the right coloured accessories for this card! It took a while, because I was trying some new things, like making the roses out of old fashioned lace and hot glue, but in the end I was rather happy with how it turned out. It also uses some of my favourite papers by My Minds Eye.

The sketches over at ICSketches keep getting better and better. I think this is one of my favourites thus far. I've enjoyed this design position so much, and its been an honour to work along side all the wonderful ladies on the team. Be sure to take a peak at the site for all sorts of wonderful inspiration, plus the oppertunity to win some digital stamps from DZDoodles. Dawn is also looking for a guest designer for the month of July, what are you waiting for, better check it out before the spot if filled!


This next card was also made for ICSketches, and I'm almost 2 weeks late posting this card. Sorry Dawn! You may have noticed, but I seem to be on a bit of a butterfly and doillie kick the last few weeks. I can't seem to help it. When I see and element I like, I have a hard time not using it over and over again, especially when its something that doesn't actually use up my supply. With the Martha Stewart punch I can make as many butterflies as I like, and never run out! The doillies come in a large package so it doesn't really feel like I'm using that many.

There is no sign of me stopping the use anytime soon either, because doillies are part of the July Polkadot Door Inspiration Challenge. Shhh....don't tell anyone I just gave you a heads up on the challenge :)

I have a few more projects to make today to get all caught up, so I might be back with some more pictures later on!

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Jennifer Grace June 19, 2011 at 4:49 AM  

These cards are both so beautiful, I love the stitching on them. The first card is such lovely girly colours, and the 'admit one' tickets are so cute! I like how the butterfly has alighted on some buttons on the second card too. So pretty! x

Geri June 19, 2011 at 5:20 PM  

Rebecca, I love both these cards but the top one is my fave! I have some of that floral paper and have had it for quite some time--you have made it look so fresh and new!! Can't wait to see the new challenge and am looking forward to participating!!

Post a Comment