{May} Blog Hop and Inspiration Challenge!

>> Friday, May 6, 2011

Welcome to the very first Polkadot Door Inspirational Challenge and Blog Hop! We're thrilled you are able to join us. Be sure to read the entire post, there is so much good stuff waiting for you. We have the bloghop details posted first, followed by the Inspiration Challenge details. Don't miss anything!


Each month we want to showcase some very talented ladies. For our first blog hop we have been honoured to have a fabulous team of crafty geniuses join us. We gave them some inspiration and they created. This is one blog hop you do not want to miss. The inspiration is outstanding! Starting with the Polkadot Door be sure to work your way through the blogs and see what the design team created.

As you hop be sure to leave a comment on every blog and head back here once you are done. Leave a comment on the Polkadot Door to let us know you completed the blog hop and tell us who your favourite designer was, because by doing so you are eligible to win this adorable American Crafts acrylic stamp set and ink!

But that is not all. One lucky bloghop participant will also win this incredible kit from our very generous sponsor, Apron Strings Kit Club. To be eligible, be sure to leave a comment on every blog, including this one. We will post the blog hop winners on the 16th, so be sure to check back!


Ready to start hopping?
Did you get all that? Wait, there is more!

POLKADOT DOOR INSPIRATION CHALLENGE

Ready for some fun inspiration? Along with the blog hop designers, we've come up with some fun inspiration for you in your crafting endeavours with some more great prizes. We'll be giving away some great prizes to our participants, as well as choosing 6 - 10 designers to be part of our June Design Team!



Here is what the Polkadot Door Lead Designers came up with:

SARAH


REBECCA



Be sure to check out the other designers work for more inspiration
through the bloghop!

PRIZES

Our Challenge winner will receive a
$12 gift certificate to Um Wow Studio Etsy Shop!

As well, six to ten authors of the most impressive creations
will be chosen to serve on our June Design Team and Blog Hop, one of whom
will win this adorable page kit from the Polkadot Door!


Inspiration Details :
  • Create a paper crafting project (card, layout, off-the-page item), based on provided inspiration (photo, sentiment, or element : crocheted flowers).
  • Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery (using a code PDD), and link it here with the Mr. Linky widget below. Please provide a direct link to your post, not an entire blog. 
  • A new challenge is being posted the first of every month, and you've got until midnight on 15th to submit your entry.
  • You may enter as many times as you like, but you're asked to provide a newly designed project. We ask that you combine this challenge with no more than 3 other challenges.
  • We will choose one winner  from the list of players who will receive the prize provided by the sponsor(s). In addition, the authors of the six to ten most impressive creations will awarded the design team positions for the following month, as well as the opportunity to be our featured designer. Special consideration will be given to participants who use all three of the inspiration elements. 
  • We will announce the Inspiration Challenge winners on the 20th. Design team members will be contacted before then by email.
  • Above all, have fun - and be inspired!

38 comments:

Jennifer Grace May 7, 2011 at 2:04 AM  

Wow, what a fantastic blog hop! I've been all the way around and there's just soooo much inspiration! How can I choose a favourite when they are all so great? I'm going to say Valerie, as she's the reason I found my way to this hop and I love her flattened pinwheel on her card!

Thanks for setting this hop up, I'm going to have a go at joining in too as I have so many ideas in my head now! x

Geri May 7, 2011 at 3:53 AM  

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you!!!...I have had so much fun creating for this!! (I think I went overboard!) Thanks so much for asking me to join in on this first DT--great fun!! Love your projects!! They are both shabby and yet fresh!! Enjoy and thanks again!!

Aimes May 7, 2011 at 4:22 AM  

Woo hoo! Happy Blog Birthday, Polkadot Door Designs! Thank you so much for inviting me on board this month along with so many other talented papercrafters!
Let's party!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) May 7, 2011 at 7:02 AM  

I loved Aimes' project, CAS and my favorite.

Diana Fisher May 7, 2011 at 9:54 AM  

So excited to be a part of this! Fabulous job on this monthly's challenge, ladies!! :)

Jennifer Rzasa May 7, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

I loved so many of the projects, especially Valerie's!

Anita Kejriwal May 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM  

Wow! What an inspiring journey! I loved each one of them but the best that stole my heart was that beautiful grey card from stampin-scrapper.blogspot.com. Yes Jean's card is my favourite and I loved this blog hop. Did I tell you that this is my first blog hop and I had loads of fun visiting each one s blog. Soon Me to will join the challenge as the prizes are too good. Happy blog birthday!

Jean Martin May 7, 2011 at 12:32 PM  

Happy Birthday Polkadot Door Designs! So glad to be celebrating it with you lovely ladies! :)

Ms. Daiquiri May 7, 2011 at 3:49 PM  

Happy Birthday! Wow, the blog hop was just filled with great ideas. How to choose my fav??? I especially love Yvonne and Jennifer's entries.

Patchi May 7, 2011 at 4:28 PM  

Happy bloggyversary! This was such a great hop! I loved all the projects, but if I have to pick just one, then it will be Geri's teacher gift. That was such a fun idea!

Dana Gustafson May 7, 2011 at 7:49 PM  

Thanks so much for inviting me to hlp celebrate your birthday with this hop. I loved everyone's creations and had a great time contibuting one of my own. Thanks girls!

Sherri Caramico May 7, 2011 at 8:51 PM  

Well, that was my first ever blog hop! It was lots of fun, I got to see lots of beautiful work, but I have to say NATASHA's layout is AMAZING!! Everywhere you look, there is more and more inspiration! I hope to find time to submit a layout for your fun contest too! Thanks for the fun!

Fiorella May 7, 2011 at 10:05 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fiorella May 7, 2011 at 10:39 PM  

I've just found your blog and immediately I've added it to my fav. I love all the projects...can't decide which one is the best!

Valerie May 8, 2011 at 11:51 AM  

What a great blog hop ladies - so honored to be included with you! Beautiful work, everyone!

Lillian Child May 8, 2011 at 12:46 PM  

All of these ladies are so dang talented, but I am especially drawn to the outside the box creative style of Nicole - oh my good gravy but her art just makes me smile out loud! Thanks for this delightful hop!

Creative Mayhem May 8, 2011 at 3:35 PM  

Wow what an excellent blog hop!!! So much inspiration and very hard to choose with all the talent here. Happy Birthday Polka Dot Door Designs! My fav will have to go to the last stop which is Valerie. I'm so ready for summer and her gift set put me right in the mood for some sun and fun! Thanks everybody!

ellen s. May 8, 2011 at 4:35 PM  

how fun! i am so glad I found your blog. I loved Amy's take on the challenge. So simple yet brillaint...the grid and the sentiment and flower. Just love that and didn't even need the pinwheels to be effective. Gorgeous and so much fun!

Maria May 8, 2011 at 9:54 PM  

This was my first blog hop and I loved it. So many different takes on the original inspiration. Have to say that I just love Nicole's work and her canvas was so inviting.

Stacy May 9, 2011 at 2:13 AM  

I had fun! The hop had been so inspiring and the designers & lead designers all so talented!

If I had to choose one, then it would be Nicole's canvas art work. I love the involvement and the special design!

Thanks for such an exciting event! I'm already hooked! :)

xoxo, Stacy

yyam May 9, 2011 at 4:45 AM  

Thanks for inviting me to be part of this blog hop! Loved seeing the different interpretations of the inspiration! :)

Jean May 9, 2011 at 11:44 AM  

Thank you for the blog hop and letting us know about it at CC. Great inspiration and designs! My favorite becuase it's so unique and wonderful is Niclole's canvas art.

Natasha May 9, 2011 at 8:45 PM  

Thank you for inviting me to be a part of this inspirational event! I love all of the projects the talented designers have created!

Brittney May 10, 2011 at 6:02 PM  

This blog hop was awe-inspiring. Thanks soo much!

Brittney May 10, 2011 at 6:14 PM  

I forgot to add my favorite designer. It was very hard to choose, but Jean Martin's card was gorgeous, so I'm choosing her!

Buy WoW Accounts May 11, 2011 at 1:20 AM  

Blog hop like this happen to be very helpful, it doesn't just give us an easy access to a good blog but it helps us gain useful ideas too! Thanks for sharing!

Buy WoW Accounts

Carol's Ink Spot May 11, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

This site is new to me and I enjoyed visiting all the participants in the blog. Beautiful creations. They all were wonderful. My favorite one, Geri's card with the silhouette of the boy and the pinwheel. Just makes me think of the Calvin character from Calvin & Hobbes.

Jennifer Grace May 11, 2011 at 10:40 AM  

Well, the blog hop definitely inspired me - I've made a layout and a card for the challenge! I posted them both together on my blog, but as it only lets you link once to one post I've linked to my gallery for the card. Hope that's okay! I had great fun making these, thanks for the ideas. x

Nicole Brenna May 11, 2011 at 1:16 PM  

I loved the hop and had a lot of fun... thanks for such a great idea... I plan on entering the challenge and would love to be a DT in the future... I have to say my favorite was Amanda's balloon layout... it was great!

Amanda Johnson May 11, 2011 at 6:10 PM  

Happy Birthday!!! So glad I found you!! :) What an inspiring blog hop!! So much talent, and so fun to see everyone's take on the inspiration photo. They were all so beautiful, but I would have to say my favorite was Geri's teacher's gift! I loved the card and the pinwheel was so cute! I hope I have time to enter a take on this myself! Thanks for the fun hop!! =)

Sherry843 May 12, 2011 at 7:02 AM  

WOW! What a truly inspiring blog hop. One of the best I've been on. Everyone's projects are so beautiful, inspiring, and fabulous. It is hard to chose just 1favorite but I will chose Nicole. I am new to making canvases and I luv them so her blog inspired me the most. Nicole...you rock!!!

ScrappingMomOf3 May 12, 2011 at 10:19 AM  

Oh my goodness, it's so hard to choose a favorite. I think I'm going to have to pick Nicole, though. Now I have to go work on my entry!

Amber May 13, 2011 at 11:00 PM  

Happy birthday! Such a fun and fabulous hop and I love that it's combined with a challenge. My favorite creaton is Jean's! All of the projects were so inspiring, it was very hard to pick one!
Hugs
Amber

Lucy Newton May 13, 2011 at 11:37 PM  

Wow it looks amazing, I love blog hops they almost always get my crafty mojo up! Thaks! And I will be participating in the challenge!

Sabr May 14, 2011 at 3:02 PM  

Such a great inspiration piece! I had so much fun making pinwheels and playing along!

Nicole May 15, 2011 at 5:04 AM  

Thanks girls for including me in the May Designers.... LOVED my project

xx

Unknown May 15, 2011 at 5:01 PM  

Thanks for that inspiration! It was awesome!

Sherry843 May 15, 2011 at 8:26 PM  

I just posted my 2 layouts for this challenge. I think I did it right. I linked the first one to my blog and I linked my 2nd one to photobucket where I have an album I set up for this challenge.

Post a Comment