Emma's Lovesong

>> Thursday, February 17, 2011

Since she learned to read and write, my oldest daughter has made an almost daily habit of writing notes and songs for her dad and I.  Sometimes they are sweet and sometimes they are (unintentionally) funny.  Her spelling is still at the point where it is... interesting... but I think it is so cute how she insists on figuring everything out herself without asking for help.

To be honest, I don't always appreciated her thoughtful gestures that way that I should because the obsessively organized part of me does not know what to do with all the random scraps of paper she makes presents of. I feel bad just throwing them in the recycling bin, but at the same time, if I kept every single one I would literally have boxes full.  

I don't know why it never occurred to me to incorporate any of her notes into my layouts before.  Now that I have done it, it seems like such an obvious thing to do and I am kicking myself for not starting sooner.  

This layout was done based on the Sketchy Thursdays March Guest Design Team sketch.
 SUPPLIES
American Crafts patterned paper, thickers, chipboard accents
Recollections cardstock, bling
Unknown tickets, clipboard, vintage book page, pins, twine 


7 comments:

Kerryn February 17, 2011 at 5:59 PM  

aww this is just so sweet! Beautiful page!!

DeeDee Catron February 17, 2011 at 7:18 PM  

this is so super cute, Sarah. Good luck this month ♥♥

Julie Tucker-Wolek February 17, 2011 at 7:24 PM  

This is GORGEOUS! I love love love that photo, the hearts and that clip! Thanks soooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Keshet February 20, 2011 at 6:42 PM  

This is wonderful! Love the elegant colors and the title! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays!!

Diana Fisher February 20, 2011 at 6:49 PM  

I love those hearts like that! Such a great idea!! Love the page, too!! :)

Unknown February 20, 2011 at 7:10 PM  

This is so, so, so, so, soooooo sweet! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays!

lisa February 21, 2011 at 1:11 AM  

Beautifully made. Simply stunning x

Post a Comment