Did You Miss Me?

>> Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Did anyone even notice that I was gone? 

Well I was.

Thanks to Blogger's auto post feature you may not have realized it, but I haven't been here in nearly a month.  I also haven't scrapped or done anything crafty in nearly a month.  

I think I'm in withdrawal. 

So why, you ask, have I been on a crafting hiatus?  

Because I moved.  Again. 

You might not remember (I totally understand if you just pop by quickly to check out the pictures and don't actually read my posts, though in that case, you probably aren't reading this either) but I moved from one province to another back in August.  Then, on October 15 we moved to another city 5 hours north.  

Two long distance moves in 10 weeks. Fun times.  

I won't bore you with the details, but we are {kind of} settled in our new place and working on making this house a home.  All things considered this move is a good thing for us, it's just the rapidity and unexpectedness of the whole thing that has been difficult. 

Hopefully we won't be going anywhere again for a long time.  

Except maybe to Mexico.  I could handle that. 

Anyway, I've already painted the kids rooms and we've ripped out the {gross, disgusting} carpet in what is going to be my *huge* scrapbooking room/office.  The gorgeous new hardwood is sitting in the garage just waiting for my husband to install it. 

I am so excited! 

Hopefully I won't have to wait long, but Mr. Vice President of Manufacturing and Operations (sorry, I'm kind of proud of him) is a bit busy these days so I am trying to avoid nagging. 

In the meantime, most of my scrappy supplies are still in boxes and it is going to take a while to get everything organized. I probably won't be posting much in the way of scrapping/cardmaking projects for a little bit longer... 

... but I might start subjecting you all to renovation photos.

  Let's just say it's a really good thing that my new house is less than 5 minutes from Home Depot.  


And Starbucks.



6 comments:

Diana Fisher November 3, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

Best wishes on getting settled!!! :)

Deb Hickman November 3, 2010 at 2:40 PM  

Good luck in your new home !!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek November 3, 2010 at 7:47 PM  

Good luck with your new place!! Hope the moving in goes well! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lea November 4, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

Wow, hopefully things settle down for you soon. Best wishes with the new place. Hope you stay there for awhile!!!

Keshet November 4, 2010 at 6:08 PM  

Close to Starbucks--now that's worth a move:) Good to have you back and come play with as Sketchy Thursdays again!

Susanne November 6, 2010 at 5:02 AM  

Sounds like life has been hectic but good. Congrats to Mr. VP! Would love to see some home reno projects until you can scrap again.

Post a Comment