Sketch Mania 9.29

>> Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I can't believe how fast the weeks fly by - it feels like it was just the weekend yet here it is Wednesday again.  I remember when I was a child I felt that time couldn't go by fast enough, but now I would give anything to have it slow down just a bit... especially when I see how quickly my babies are growing up.

When I saw the sketch for this week's SketchMania I knew that it would be perfect for some photos I took last April of Ellie eating one of her first, and favorite, solid foods.  She absolutely adores avocados and she eats them so often (what can I say, they're easy and healthy) that my two year old is convinced that they are called Ellie-cados.

  SUPPLIES
Bazzil cardstock
Cosmo Cricket patterned paper, tags
Jillibean Soup corrugated alphas
American Crafts thickers
Karen Foster charms
Pebbles Inc ribbon
Basic Grey brads


I have a whole jar full of Karen Foster metal charms that I bought when I first started scrapbooking many moons ago. I've actually come sooooo close to getting rid of them a few times thinking I'd never use them. Funny how I *loved* them and just had to have them at the time and now I look at them and wonder what I was thinking.  But it turns out that the little knife and fork were perfect for this page so I am glad I held onto them.  Maybe the rest of the collection is safe for a little while longer.


4 comments:

Patchi September 29, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

Beautiful LO! My kids love avocado too - but we serve it as home-made guacamole. It's funny how one saves things forever and then a project comes around that make it the perfect fit...

Lea September 29, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

Ellie-cado!!! How funny!! What a great LO, the paper and the charms are perfect!!!

Deb Hickman September 29, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

Gorgeous LO,I love the stitching across the alpha's,nice touch.

Julie Tucker-Wolek September 29, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love love love love this!! I loveeeeeeeee the photos, the stitching and lovin' the little utensils!!! LOVE this! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Post a Comment