Sketch Mania 9.01

>> Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Today is a sad, sad day.  I went to take pictures of my Sketch Mania layout only to discover that my camera has died.  I've known for a while that it needed to be replaced but I was really hoping it would hold out until Christmas time when it would be *reasonable* for me to ask for a new one.  But alas, it has officially bit the dust and I am not really sure what I am going to do about it.  Having just moved and bought new furniture, there isn't  room in the budget for the Canon EOS 7D I have been drooling over.  I am not sure which I would rather do - wait until I can afford the camera I really want or just buy what I can afford right now to avoid having to photograph my layouts (oh, and my kids) with my iPhone.

Well, for today anyway it is the iPhone camera to the rescue, so please forgive the poor picture quality. 

SUPPLIES
American Crafts patterned paper, cardstock
Unknown ribbon

This is an 8x8 page that I did for Ellie's 1st year album.  I decided to go with a really simple, one-page-a-month format and to keep the use of products fairly streamlined, mostly from the American Crafts Baby line. I also kept all the photos black and white to ensure a greater sense of continuity through the album.   Because the layouts are 8x8 and there isn't room for extensive journaling, I have been doing point-form journaling strips to record each month's highlights.  This is the 5th page I have done for this album so far; which means at this rate I will have it done by the time Ellie starts Kindergarten. 


To see what the rest of the design team came up with for this week's Sketch Mania, and to link up your own project, head over to the UmWowStudio Blog.  

Have a great Wednesday, 


5 comments:

Amanda Profumo September 1, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

Your LO is precious! Love the pic ;)
Sorry to hear about your camera... hold out for the Cannon!!! The iPhone pic really isn't bad at all! Chin up!

Julie Tucker-Wolek September 1, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

Sooooooooooooooooo sorry about your camera!!!! I keep thinking mine is on his last leg too :( I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo....the photo is PRECIOUS and loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Rebecca Mosher September 4, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

Love everything that you have been posting recently. The cards and layouts both. I'm amazed at what you can accomplish in the midst of moving, you are my hero :-)

Lea September 6, 2010 at 8:59 AM  

What a cute picture!!! LOVE how you changed the stitiching!!!

Post a Comment