His Father's Son

>> Sunday, September 12, 2010

I have been wanting to do a layout using this picture of my husband and our son for over a year but every time I sat down to scrap it I ended up getting distracted, usually by something pink and girly, and it got put aside.  This time though it finally came together using this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch and the aptly titled "Like Father, Like Son" paper kit from Fancy Pants.  And even though it doesn't have any flowers or scalloped borders on it,  I like with how it turned out.







SUPPLIES
Fancy Pants patterned paper
Recollections cardstock
Making Memories canvas trim
Tim Holtz metal game pieces, brads, tag, jump ring
L'il Davis Designs chipboard tag
American Crafts vinyl thickers
Kaiser Craft felt alphas
Unknown denim, thread
Autumn Leaves "Cleanliness" font

I am not sure how well it comes across in the photo, but there are a lot of different textures on this one - vinyl and felt alphas, canvas trim, metal accents, crumpled paper, and the photos are matted on a piece of denim fabric which I stabilized and then sewed onto the page.  I have never used fabric on a page in this way before but it was actually really easy and I love the added tactility that it brings to the layout.


Hope you're having a great weekend,

8 comments:

Deb Hickman September 12, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

What a fab masculine layout,the papers are great. I love all the different textures and metal embellishments. Sweet photo !!!

Lea September 12, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

This is a terrific LO. The paper is great and I love the touch of camo!!!

Luz Maria Bruna September 12, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

Wow sara I love this beautiful father and son layout!!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Luzma

Julie Tucker-Wolek September 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee that photo, the tag and the colors!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Regan September 13, 2010 at 5:18 PM  

This is an adorable layout! I love how everything comes together. Love those little gears! With your talent you really should consider entering the challenges over at Papercraft Star http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com they are offering a lot of prizes right now too! Oh and they post all of their challenges weeks in advance to give crafters a head start!

Regan

Regan September 14, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

Hi Sarah! I just wanted to let you know that you have a blog award waiting for you on my blog at www.EmoraDesigns.blogspot.com

Thanks, Regan

Diana Fisher September 15, 2010 at 5:29 PM  

Love this page, I always love a great boys page!

Post a Comment