Sweet Baby Card

>> Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Just a quick post to show you a card that I made the other day but couldn't post because our internet connection hadn't been hooked up yet. 

I am really excited about this one because I tried something new - I embossed.  I know, I know, embossing is kind of old school but I have honestly never tried it before.  Well, I have done a bit of dry embossing with the Fiskar's embossing thing, but I had never ever tried the "real" thing.  Actually it was one of those things I swore I was never going to get into - like sewing on layouts, which I now do ALL the time. The only reason I even had any embossing powder was because I picked it up for like $0.10 at the thrift store one day thinking that my sister might want it. 

Well, it turns out that the whole embossing thing is actually quite easy and I discovered that I do not need a heat gun as my ribbon iron works very well to melt the powder.


SUPPLIES
Colorbok patterned paper
Making Memories Ribbon
Studio G stamped sentiment & image
K & Company brads
Martha Stewart border punch
Unknown clothes pins, string


2 comments:

Diana Fisher August 24, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

Love this card!!! The baby onesies on the clothesline is one of my favorite new baby cards! :)

Camille Young August 29, 2010 at 3:52 PM  

Love this card...thanks for playing along at Get Sketchy...I love seeing your submissions.

Post a Comment