Sketchy Thursdays September Guest Design Team Challenge

>> Thursday, August 19, 2010

Well, my temporary lull lasted a bit longer than I had anticipated due to having to wait almost three weeks for the installation of our internet services.  Oh well, it was probably better that I didn't have the distraction of my blog and Crop Chocolate to prevent me from actually unpacking.  I am happy to announce that we are safely and happily installed in our new home; most of the boxes are unpacked and hopefully I only have to wait another week or so until the rest of my new furniture gets delivered.  And who knows, maybe someday I'll even get around to hanging some pictures on the wall.  In the meantime, I am just happy to be done with the heavy lifting and back to fun things, like scrapbooking.

I am really thankful that my internet was finally hooked up this morning so that I can post my layout for the Sketchy Thursdays September Guest Design Team Challenge.


I wasn't actually going to make a layout based on this sketch because, honestly, when I first saw it I really, really disliked it.  I guess you can say I am not a circle scrapper.  But after a particularly long day of unpacking I felt like I needed to do something creative or I was going to snap, so I sat down (on the floor) in my (completely disorganized) scraproom and decided to go for it.  And after I started playing with a photo and pretty papers I discovered that I actually *love* this sketch. 

SUPPLIES
Cosmo Cricket patterned paper
Recollections kraft paper, rhinestones
American Crafts glitter thicker
K & Company glitter
Jenni Bowlin Studio butterfly
Unknown ribbon, thread


11 comments:

Diana Fisher August 19, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

Great job with the sketch and what a cutie!!!! :)

The Little Schausages August 19, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

So glad you are back, I love looking at your work! This page is simply adorable, love the butterfly!

Lea August 19, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

Beautiful LO!!! Love the picture, and the paper is perfect!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek August 19, 2010 at 7:03 PM  

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this Sarah!! I love love love that adorable photo and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with ST! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

heidi August 19, 2010 at 8:17 PM  

that picture is so darn cute! i'm glad you gave the sketch a try. really great results!

Amanda Profumo August 21, 2010 at 4:47 AM  

You nailed the sketch and with beautiful results! I love the paper choices and that picture... swoon! Adorable!

Deb Hickman August 21, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

Glad you've settled into your new home!I love your take on the sketch,your LO is so pretty!

Jennifer Grace August 21, 2010 at 2:13 PM  

Love the quote and the butterfly. And the photo is so adorable! xx

Unknown August 24, 2010 at 4:30 PM  

Wow, I love it! So pretty and great colors too. Sometimes it's fun to go out of your comfort zone:)

Post a Comment