Sketch Mania 8.25

>> Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's Wednesday so DeeDee has a new sketch posted over at SketchMania.

 I had a little bit of trouble with this one at first since I do not use circles in my scrapbooking very often.  I tend to be more of a linear thinker I guess.  But this sketch and both of the last Guest Design Team sketches at Sketchy Thursdays have used circles, so I am learning to love them.

Now, I fully admit that my finished card looks nothing like the original sketch; it kind of took on a life of it's own.  I really like the way it turned out though, and DeeDee has assured me that she does not mind the artistic liberty I took with her sketch.

SUPPLIES
October Afternoon patterned paper
K& Company patterned paper
American Crafts thickers, mini mark rub-ons
Recollections card stock
Unknown string

You can head over to DeeDee's blog to see what the rest of the design team came up with, and also to link up your own entry.  This is the last sketch to get an entry in for the $15 Crop Chocolate gift certificate.

5 comments:

Rebecca Mosher August 25, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

I officially love this card, way too cute!

Lea August 25, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

What a cool card!!! LOVE it!

Diana Fisher August 25, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

Love this card! I was just thinking about a page this morning I want to make using kites! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek August 25, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! this is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love love love love the colors and that KITE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deb Hickman August 27, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

I love this card,it is so much fun!!!

Your blog is so inspirational,you've got a blog award if you'd like to collect it from my blog.

Post a Comment