The Messiest Room in My House

>> Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I don't think I have ever posted a picture of anything other than my crafting projects on this blog.  I am kind of operating under the assumption that people will see enough pictures of my kids etc. just by looking at my layouts and I don't need to bore my readers with gratuitous photos of my daily life... though I admit that if I were a better photographer and actually had good photos to show off I would probably rethink that assumption.

At any rate, today is the day that I post a picture of something other than a scrapping project, though it isn't that much of a leap since it is a picture of my scrapping room.  Or as I am calling it for the moment... the den of shame.  It really is a huge mess; and while I would love to blame the entire condition of the room on the fact that I haven't had a chance to organize it yet and I am still waiting on the delivery of my furniture, I must also admit that part of the problem is just that I get messy when I am crafting.

The reason I am willing to even let you see this disaster is that I am *planning* to get it all organized and prettied up, and then also posting pictures of that.  I figure if I let you all see the mess you'll better appreciate the improvements.  Though, I really can't guarantee that it won't get messy again even after it is pretty and organized.


There now, doesn't that make you feel better about yourself?

4 comments:

Deb Hickman August 24, 2010 at 11:51 AM  

My room looks a bit like that at the moment but I haven't got the excuse of just moved house.
I really need to organise it but when I go in there I start crafting instead!!!

Patchi August 24, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

I don't even have a room! My craft table is in our family/guest room - it only gets organized when my in-laws come to visit :)

Lea August 24, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

My scrap room is usually chaotic. The way I look at it is if it's messy, it getting used, and that's a good thing!!!

Elizabeth September 9, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

That's so funny Sarah...cause I was just thinking to myself a couple days ago, "why doesn't anyone put a messy picture of their scrabooking area up for us to see and be encouraged over?" :) And you blessed my heart. :) And made me smile. I'll look forward to seeing how you make it organized in the future, now that you're in your own home! - Elizabeth (Fehr) Heikoop

Post a Comment