Sketch Mania 07.21

>> Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My turn for Sketch Mania! I needed a card for a very special person in my life, and how perfectly the sketch from SM work for this! I also used inspiration from a few other sites as well (mentioned in the tags). On my way out for coffee with my little brother, isn't that sweet?! He wanted to do something special before I leave on August 3rd. So I have to keep this brief, here's the card I made.

The sentiments are printed off onto the card stock and distressed with ink and crumpling. How fun is it that the best results require almost ruining it first? I also handmade the flower using different sized circles, again crumpling and inking to get the distressed look. I've added a close-up photo so you can see the depth.




SUPPLIES
My Minds Eye - So Sophia Paper
Making Memories Brad
Unknown Ribbon
Bazzil Cardstock
Craft Smart Ink
Thickers "4"


Have a lovely evening, I know I will!


6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek July 21, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that flower and all the distressing! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Paula-Scrap Addict July 22, 2010 at 6:07 AM  

Very pretty! I too love that flowers & all the distressing :-)
~Paula

Diana Fisher July 22, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

Super cute card!!! I really like!

The Little Schausages July 22, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

Really nice Becca! I'm sure he loved it! How was your date?

Post a Comment