Pinwheels - Whee!

>> Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another birthday card, this time its my turn to use Sarah as my inspiration. I was so taken with her pinwheel card that I had to try one myself. Only, I ended up with three pinwheels instead of one, I couldn't settle on just one paper to use! So happy for fun double sided paper, it makes the pinwheels look fantastic.

I was also able to use something that I have had for quite some time. A very good friend of mine gave me a box of thin wood veneer a few years ago. I tore it in this strips, it works great, you just tear along the grain and it peels nicely. I've used bits and pieces on various crafting projects, but I still have lots left! I had completely forgotten about it until I needed some 'stems' for the pinwheels. It worked perfectly!  I love rediscovering old supplies that are the perfect finishing touches.

I made this card for Kazan's latest sketch over at 2S4Y. At first I wasn't going to, because I didn't think my mojo was flowing well enough to attempt it. Its a very unique sketch. But I am quite pleased with the results. It turned out very different  from most of my cards. I tend  towards the more natural colour tones, but it was fun to experiment a little bit too. Once again the ladies from 2S4Y are offering a design position for the winning card, go check it out!






SUPPLIES:
Chatterbox Rec Room Paper
Making Memories Brad
Maple Veneer
Bazzil Cardstock
Misc Buttons
 



The sentiment for the card was just printed off and adhered to blue cardstock. Other than that there isn't much to say except, have a great day! I may get around to posting some more this afternoon. I have another card I want to show you. 





4 comments:

Sylvia July 22, 2010 at 10:59 PM  

Such a cute card, love the pinwheels!

Renee July 23, 2010 at 11:58 PM  

This is so cute! Love it.

Unknown July 24, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

I am a huge fan of pinwheels and your card is so cute with them on.
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Post a Comment