Oh Happy Day!

>> Friday, July 16, 2010


We just got back from a day at the water park, what a perfect way to spend the morning and beat the heat. The kids had so much fun and could have stayed there the rest of the day, but I think that was enough sun for one morning. The cleaning was neglected for the morning, so I really should get at it, but I just had to share these cards with you all.

I loved the colour challenge
over at the TSG blog this week, so many fun and bright colours! Plus, I knew I had exactly the paper for it! Sassafras has some wonderful paper bundles, and none more fun than the Applejack line. This card came together so well, literally 15 minutes! discovered in the process that not all ribbons are created equal. I had the bright idea a few weeks ago to use my hair straightening iron to also iron out the creases on my ribbons (it works wonderful by the way!), but I will have to watch the temperature a little from now on as I melted the first ribbon I tried of this green stuff on the card. I'm not even sure where I got it or what it is, but it doesn't like heat!

The card is perfect for a little boys birthday. The clowns and circus theme are so bright and cheery. I am also entering it in the Caardvarks July challenge which is really easy, a NEW birthday card! So nice when the same card is eligible for a few challenges . . .

SUPPLIES
Sassafras Applejack Paper
Sassafras blossoms
Vintage buttons and ribbon
Chatterbox Rub ons


7 comments:

The Little Schausages July 16, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

Really cute Becca, so bright and cheery!

Julie Tucker-Wolek July 16, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeee the banner! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Laura Davis July 17, 2010 at 9:59 AM  

What a fun festive card!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Rachel July 17, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

WOW your card is beautiful and yes I love the banner as well:) Thank you for your comment on my blog.
Rach:)

cnelson July 17, 2010 at 9:35 PM  

so fun and festive! LOVE it!

Karen McAlpine July 18, 2010 at 6:36 AM  

Very sweet card. I love all the papers...so cute!

Jennifer Grace July 20, 2010 at 2:56 PM  

Gorgeous, and so fun. I'd love to send this to my mum or step-dad - they're both clowns! x

Post a Comment