New Challenges

>> Monday, July 12, 2010

I thought I would try some new challenges today, instead of the ones that I always do, just to mix things up a bit! I did a google search, and snooped around on some of the other cardmaking sites and found these great challenges that I couldn't wait to try.

The first is Stacey's Stamping Stage, wow! What a load of inspiration there is on her gorgeous blog. The wasn't a sketch to work off of, but a colour challenge. I've never tried a colour challenge before, but I thought I would give it a go. I would have loved to incorporate the pink and purple into my card as well, but I found that upon rummaging through my draws and boxes, I don't have any! I tend to stick more to masculine colours it seems. While it didn't work as well for the challenge, its a perfect excuse to buy more crafting supplies! After all, what craft room is complete without a healthy dose of pink?

As well as Stacy's colour challenge, I used the sketch from Makeesha. I had never heard of this fantastic scrapper until today, but I think I might be following her a little more closely from now on. Beautiful site with lots of amazing cards! Again, really loosley based on the sketch, but a perfect start for inspiration.

I am so happy with the way this card turned out! As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I had to use our new stamp from Tiffany's Doodles, the sweet dress digi stamp, isn't is adorable? Sarah won the stamp for finishing first in the Caardvarks May Challenge with this card. We haven't had a chance to use any of the stamps yet, I'm so glad I was able to today! It was such a quick and easy card, it came together so nicely! I love it when that happens.

SUPPLIES
My Minds Eye paper
Tiffany Doodle Stamp
MM Chloe Closet Flower Gem
Vintage Buttons
Chatterbox Rub-ons

The second card that I made today is super simple. but it seems most masculine cards end up being that way. This card was created for the newest 2S4Y sketch, I couldn't resist going back to this favourite site. The prize for this week is joining the fabulous DT team for a 3 month term, wouldn't that be fun?! To bad I don't stand a chance against the fantastic ladies who play along there.

I picked up an old music book at the thrift store the other day full of 12 x 10 sheets of classical music. As much as it seems a shame to rip apart a vintage songbook like this, it makes beautiful (and inexpensive!) scrapbooking paper! Just what I needed for the background of this card. I so love that store, I find so many vintage goodies not only for my paper crafts, but also shoes, and clothes, and books and just about everything! I admit that I am probably more addicted than even Sarah, which is not easily done!

SUPPLIES
Vintage Songbook paper
MM Chloe's Closet embellishments
Misc Ribbon
SSI Paper
Stamp


Have a lovely day!

10 comments:

Deb Hickman July 12, 2010 at 2:25 PM  

Wow,two gorgeous cards,I love that digi image and great idea with the vintage music book.
Thanks for sharing some different challenge blogs with us.

Lea L. July 12, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

Beautiful cards! I love the dress image, and the sheet music paper!! Great job with the colors!!

♥♥♥Lea

Julie Tucker-Wolek July 12, 2010 at 6:21 PM  

These are AWESOME!! Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee that dress! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Laura Davis July 12, 2010 at 8:12 PM  

Very pretty! I love the sheet music :)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

TesaB July 12, 2010 at 9:13 PM  

They are both totally beautiful!!! Wonderful vintage feel on the last one and wow, what a pretty dress on the first. Love the blingy and stitched details!

Sue July 13, 2010 at 2:48 AM  

these are both stunning cards Sarah, I think you have a really good shot at getting the 3 month design team spot! Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call this week! Good luck!!:)

Sue July 13, 2010 at 2:51 AM  

Oops! Sorry Rebecca I got a wee bit confused!

Renee July 14, 2010 at 10:23 PM  

These are both awesome cards!

Silke Ledlow July 16, 2010 at 7:02 AM  

Two beautiful cards!!! Love how you used the CC coolor!!! The dress image is really neat!!! Hugs ~S~

Post a Comment