My Favorite Store

>> Tuesday, July 6, 2010

There are a lot of really great scrapbooking challenge blogs out there and one of my new favorites is These Are a Few of My Favorite Things. Most challenge blogs are based on the model of providing a sketch, possibly with a twist, and having participants submit a layout based on it. I love playing along with sketch challenges, in fact virtually all the pages I have done lately have been based on sketches. I find they are such a great way to jump start my creativity and give me a direction for my layouts.

What I love about the These Are a Few of My Favorite Things challenge is that instead of providing a sketch, their challenges provide a prompt about, you guessed it, your favorite things. In recent weeks it has been toys, shoes, books, and this week's prompt, my favorite store.

I know for myself, it is really easy to get focused on scrapbooking cute pictures of my kids. And while that is important, I think it is really important to be including pieces of me and of our everyday lives in the albums as well. Including "favorites" pages has been on my scrapping-to-do list for a while now and I am hoping that playing along with these challenges will help me actually accomplish this goal.

This week's prompt
was perfect for me since I absolutely love our local thrift store and already had some pictures I had snapped of some of my favorite thrift store finds - vintage crafts supplies, including my vintage button stash.

And since multi-talking is always a good thing, I based my layout on sketch #55 from Twisted Sketches. This one was actually pretty light on supplies. I used some more of my favorite October Afternoon patterned paper from the Fly a Kite line, and I actually used one of my thrift store purchases, a sewing pattern from 1954, as the background for my page. And of course I had to incorporate some of my vintage buttons.



SUPPLIES
October Afternoon patterned paper
American Crafts cardstock, thickers
Ck Stenography font
Vintage buttons, sewing pattern, cord


12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek July 6, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

OMYGOSH!!!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW!! This is AMAZING!!!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I love love love this!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos, the title work, the papers you used!! WOW!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with FAVE THINGS...and thanks soooooooooooo much for the beautiful words you said about us!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

DeeDee Catron July 6, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

Sarah this is gorgeous! how fun! I was toying with the idea of throwing in themes.. We'll have discuss this more!!

Jessica Wilson July 6, 2010 at 12:44 PM  

This is so amazing!!! I love every little thing about it:) Thank you so much for playing with us at Fave Things!!! Love, Jess

Kathy Martin July 6, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

What a wonderful page! LOVE it! I have some buttons, trims and old children's books I've purchased recently from antique stores that I could do a similar page of! Such a great idea! :)

Michelle LaPoint Rydell July 11, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

Love love love this Sarah! Gorgeous design and photos! I am a thrift store junkie too! Thanks for playing along with us at Fave Things!!!

Georgia Visacri July 11, 2010 at 10:01 AM  

love this so much, everything on it, fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us!!

chris a July 11, 2010 at 10:21 AM  

Love your layout - the paper and embellies are so perfect. thanks for sharing with us at TAAFOMFT

Amy July 11, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

Oh wow.. Love love love your layout. Super cute. And I am right there with you. I love the thrill of a treasure hunt. Thanks for playing. Hugs,Amy

Anonymous,  July 12, 2010 at 5:36 AM  

WOW! I just LOVE this, all the layers, those cute buttons and the beautiful colors!Such a cool design!That alpha font is so cool!
Thank you so much for playing along with us!

EverydayMe July 12, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

love this it's just sooooooo fun.... and the color is fab!!! thanks for playing along!!!

Bekka July 12, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

This is gorgeous, and I'm right there with you when it comes to thrift stores! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Amanda Sevall July 14, 2010 at 12:34 AM  

This is so pretty!!! Love it!! :)

Post a Comment