Sketchy Thursday 6.03

>> Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It's raining out. Pouring actually. And along with the rain comes the obligatory gray skies and low temperatures so it is the perfect day to stay inside and organize. Yes, I said organize.

I realize that it probably makes me strange, but I honestly love to reorganize stuff, especially scrapbooking supplies. There is something so satisfying about having everything neat and tidy. Plus it's almost as good as going shopping because when I take the time to organize my stash I usually stumble upon all kinds of neat stuff that I had forgotten I had.
As I cleaned up today I uncovered my neglected stack of K & Co. designer paper pads. I went through a phase where I pretty much bought anything and everything K & Co. put out so it is a big stack. One of my favorites is the Wild Saffron line. I love all the big swirls and butterflies.

I didn't think I would be able to make a layout for Sketchy Thurdays 6.03 challenge but when I saw the Green Swirls paper in my Wild Saffron pad I immediately had an idea for a page based on the sketch and it came together really quickly.


I usually like to mix
and match and use a variety of manufactures and lines in my projects but literally everything, well okay not the marker, but everything else is from the K & Co. Wild Saffron Line. I tried to sneak a couple other elements in but in the end this turned out to be a true KISS (keep it simple Sarah) page. A bit of a departure for me but I think I kind of like it.



My kids are playing nicely so I am going to see if I can sneak another page in this afternoon. I have a lot of nice stuff to use up so I can justify buying new stuff!


3 comments:

TesaB June 9, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

What a perfect match of sketch, paper and photo! It's wonderful!

CJJohnson June 9, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

Cute paper cutting technique.

Julie Tucker-Wolek June 9, 2010 at 6:04 PM  

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that photo and all the GREEN! Thanks soooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Post a Comment