Monkeying Around

>> Thursday, June 17, 2010

Apparently I have had monkeys on my mind lately judging by my last two layouts. The first one is a double page layout I did about Isaac and his uncle Benjamin. I virtually never do two page layouts. I tend to dislike working over such a large area, but there was no way I could get all the photos and journaling I wanted to use onto one page (I tried).

SUPPLIES
Bazzill cardstock
Pink Paislee patterned paper
Making Memories ribbon, epoxy buttons
Paper Bliss dimensional stickers
DCWV title sticker
Heidi Swapp chipboard
Basic Grey fibers
Ranger Ink

This second layout uses photos that I took of Ellie with her stuffed monkey and tells the story of how Monkey Alice got her name. I meant to take photos of Ellie and the monkey together at regular intervals to show Ellie's growth but only got around to taking these four rather randomly spaced ones.

SUPPLIES
Fancy Pants patterned paper, journaling page, stickers
American Crafts thickers
Basic Grey rubons
Vintage buttons, fabric

This is the first layout I have done using the Little Sprouts Collection from Fancy Pants and I really, really love this paper pack. It is a baby collection but the colors are not typical pastels, they are more vibrant and cheerful and whimsical. My inclination was to hoard this line rather than use it right away but I resisted that temptation and now that I've broken the package open, I can't wait to use the rest of it.


I tried my hand at making some of those cute paper flowers that are popping up all over the place. They were super fast and easy and they went perfectly with my vintage buttons; which incidentally are one of my most favoritest (I know, not a word, but it should be), most amazing thrift store finds ever. I found a whole jar of the vintage buttons that look just like the *new* ones from Jenni Bowlin Studio. And I only paid like $0.25 for all of them. I might just have to take pictures of them and do a layout ;)

4 comments:

Rebecca Mosher June 22, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

The last page is adorable (so is the first one), but I'm especially in love with the flowers with the vintage buttons, what a fantastic idea.

DeeDee Catron June 22, 2010 at 2:43 PM  

Sarah you've got to see these flowers I've been making.. yours are fantastic as well.. both look amazing with buttons in the middle. I'll make a few and throw them up :) (D² on CC)

DeeDee Catron June 22, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

The pictures formatted a little weird but here you are my dear: http://umwowstudio.blogspot.com/2010/06/paper-posies-for-sarahmichelle.html =)

DeeDee Catron June 24, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

SarahMichelle - I have an idea for something.. if you could mail me I'd really like your participation.. whenever you get on today and I'll run the idea past you :) deedee430@gmail.com

Post a Comment