Some Firsts

>> Friday, May 28, 2010

Things are starting to get a lot busier in our house. While Ellie was very content to stay a quiet little baby for the first eleven months of her life, she now seems determined to grow up completely before her first birthday. I am not kidding - in the last ten days she has gone from being completely toothless and content to stay in one place to crawling, pulling herself up to standing and walking around furniture. Oh, and she also sprouted her first tooth, finally. And she has decided that she really likes solid food all of a sudden too. Such a funny little person.

I think that
the fact that Ellie stayed a "baby" for so long lulled me into forgetting that her first year was actually passing really quickly. And now I realize that not only is it almost over, but I still haven't even started her baby album. Last night I started going through the last year's worth of photos and pulling out the ones that I want to use for the baby album and then promptly got distracted by some of the earliest photos of Ellie. So instead of getting all the photos for the baby album sorted I made a couple of layouts for our family albums.

SUPPLIES
Bazzill cardstock
Making Memories patterned paper, metal signage, blossoms,
brads, clear elements, paint, metal frame (corner),
journaling page, ribbon

K & Co. chipboard alphas
Vintage Lace

Nothing like going through photos of when your baby was a newborn to make you realize how big they are getting! Almost makes me want to have another one... almost.


SUPPLIES
Bazzill cardstock
DCWV patterned paper, corrugated shapes
Making Memories ribbon, alpha stickers
Basic Grey buttons
Heidi Swapp flower
Misc. thread, twine, pebble sticker

Sorry the photos are kind of dark. Learning to be a better photographer and photo editor is on my list of things to do but with having to vacuum my floor three times a day to prevent Ellie from eating off of it, and constantly checking that all the doors to dangerous rooms/stairs are shut, I do not have nearly enough time in the day :)





2 comments:

Kathy Martin May 28, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

Wow, LOOK at these amazing page! LOVE them! Thanks for stoppin' by my blog and for the lovely comment! :)

The Little Schausages May 29, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

You really need to teach Emma to vacuum, that way you will have more time to scrap :)I love your pages, I still think you are the best that I have ever seen!

Post a Comment