2 Sketches 4 You #52

>> Friday, May 14, 2010



Well, it was a gorgeous spring day in the shuswap and how did I spend it? By staying inside and crafting of course! I'm not seeing a problem. Actually, I didn't just make cards and scrapbook... I also organized my scrap-booking supplies and took pictures of my projects. And now I'm blogging about them. So you see, I've been very productive today. I'll get to the laundry and dishes tomorrow...maybe :)

Actually it isn't my fault that I spent the day making cards - it's really the fault of the awesome designers over at 2 Sketches 4 You. I haven't been doing a lot of challenges lately but when I saw Kazan's Sketch #52 I just had to make a card based on it. I absolutely adore the row of ruffles along the bottom half of the sketch.

I've been hoarding some Sassafrass Lass patterned paper from my March Little Red Scrapbook kit and I knew that it would be perfect for this project with it's awesome lacy, die-cut edges. I am pretty happy with how this one turned out - the cherry makes me hungry! Hopefully it won't be too much longer till we have cherries on our tree.

SUPPLIES
Sassafrass Lass patterned paper
Tsukinedo ink
Bazzill cardstock
Studio G mini alpha stamps
Misc. thread, ribbon

Kazan's sketch also inspired me to create a really quick and easy layout for my girl's album. It hardly took any time at all since I used an 8x12 photo with my title already printed on it and managed to use up some scraps from my ever expanding pile! See, I was productive and frugal today.

SUPPLIES
Bazzill cardstock
DCWV patterned paper
Making Memories paper flower
Prima paper flower
K&Co. brad
Vintage ribbon
Misc. thread

3 comments:

siskus May 15, 2010 at 12:43 AM  

Картичката с черешките е невероятна,много готино накъдрена!А идеята за албум е оригинална!

cnelson May 15, 2010 at 7:41 AM  

fantabulous card and lo!! love, love, loooooove them both!!

Sylvia May 15, 2010 at 8:57 AM  

What a great retro card! Love both of them!

Post a Comment